jessica mauboy sony music press shot fallin cover artwork When a major label pop artist (“the biggest pop star in Australia”) who’s worked with the likes of Dianne Warren, Flo-Rida, Babyface and Snoop Dogg, selects a 100% Australian track as the lead single for their next incarnation, it’s a big deal. When you consider that the track beat out demos from some of the world’s biggest international songwriters, came together in just a few hours, and followed a brief from one of the country’s highest rating TV shows, it warrants a mention. Selected on first listen over singles penned by some of the globe’s biggest names (we can’t name names, but you’ll find them peppered throughout the pointy end of the charts this week), Jessica Mauboy’s new single ‘Fallin’’ was written by the all-Australian lineup of Ivy Adara, Peter James Harding (aka Thief) and Louis Schoorl. The track, written for the upcoming second series of Seven drama The Secret Daughter (which Mauboy stars in), debuted at #1 on the Australian ARIA Singles chart, #1 on iTunes, and is currently #15 on the ARIA Singles chart. When TIO speaks to Louis Schoorl to find out just how three Sydney-based songwriters […]
About The Author
- Marshall (2017): Early Years Of A Genius Legal Giant
- That’s One Small Step For Man One Giant Leap For Mankind Literary Device
- What Part Of The Brain Is Responsible For Thinking Reasoning And Memory
- Sequence Of Writing – In Order Or Not?
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New And Selected) Movie Review: The Best Adam Sandler Film In A Decade