Contributed by The centuries-spanning sci-fi saga, The Clockwork Dynasty , revolves around a secret society of 18th century automatons and their plight to retain their principles and identity down through the ages. The time-shifting fairytale centers around a seven-foot sentient machine crafted in the likeness of Russia’s Peter the Great, and a hidden truth behind his race’s creation and ultimate salvation. With hints of Highlander, a touch of The Terminator , shards of Edward Scissorhands , and a dusting of Doctor Zhivago , Daniel Wilson’s latest introduces an autonomous race of ancient androids not so different from ourselves. It’s a thoroughly engaging read that traps you in its grinding narrative cogs and lingers long after the final page has turned. Here’s the official description from Doubleday: Present day: When a young anthropologist specializing in ancient technology uncovers a terrible secret concealed in the workings of a three-hundred-year-old mechanical doll, she is thrown into a hidden world that lurks just under the surface of our own. With her career and her life at stake, June Stefanov will ally with a remarkable traveler who exposes her to a reality she never imagined, as they embark on an around-the-world adventure and discover […]
About The Author
- Marshall (2017): Early Years Of A Genius Legal Giant
- That’s One Small Step For Man One Giant Leap For Mankind Literary Device
- What Part Of The Brain Is Responsible For Thinking Reasoning And Memory
- Sequence Of Writing – In Order Or Not?
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New And Selected) Movie Review: The Best Adam Sandler Film In A Decade