“What makes you think the ride is over? What makes you think it’s ever going to end?” On the surface, The Evil Within looks like just another horror movie. However, delve deeper and you’ll discover something genuinely fascinating. Before I can even get to the film, I must briefly mention its problematic production. Written and directed by Andrew Getty, The Evil Within took 15 years to complete. The film was a personal project of Getty, who largely self-financed the estimated cost of four to six million dollars of the production. It was released in 2017, two years after Getty’s death in 2015. The film was inspired by the childhood nightmares of Getty. Filming began in 2002, and the film was shot largely in Getty’s own mansion. He was heavily involved in the creation of many of the elaborate sets, animatronics and other effects. The production went through a number of issues, including; budgetary complications, lawsuits and conflicts with the cast and crew. Getty continued to work on the film for many years after, creating his own special effects and trying to perfect the film. He died in 2015 due to an alleged addiction to Methamphetamine. Unfortunately, this was before […]
About The Author
- Marshall (2017): Early Years Of A Genius Legal Giant
- That’s One Small Step For Man One Giant Leap For Mankind Literary Device
- What Part Of The Brain Is Responsible For Thinking Reasoning And Memory
- Sequence Of Writing – In Order Or Not?
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New And Selected) Movie Review: The Best Adam Sandler Film In A Decade